Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happy Anniversary

This is me, one year ago yesterday. I was trying my hand (and, more accurately, my butt) at snowboarding with my good friend Jess as instructor. We enjoyed a good hour or two of my falling all over the place and her laughing and helping me up after I had planted my face in the snow; it was a lovely afternoon on the slopes at Whistler. =) But for me there's something more to this picture. When I see it I think of two things: the fun time I had with Jess that day, and the unpredictability of life- one just never knows when she's on the brink of something exciting! I didn't know it at the time, but the next morning I was going to meet a wonderful person with whom I would share the next year of my life... I rented some skis from an adorable kiwi boy with a green cast on, and the rest, as they say, is history! =) I choose to write about this now because it is the one-year anniversary of that meeting and as we are far apart at the moment, I wanted to have a little celebration. So this is it. =) Thanks for joining me. =) I hope that Gordon is not too embarrassed by my very public display of affection, but it seemed like some sort of observance of the day was in order. So happy anniversary to us! =) It's been an amazing year, and now that we have traversed the North American continent together it's on to a new adventure. =) Next stop- EUROPE! =)

3 comments:

Kass said...

Congrats :) You guys are so sweet together, I just want to pinch your little cheeks!

Gordon Simpson said...

Noah cheek pinching!

Sarah said...

You can't pinch Gordon's cheeks 'cuz he's too far away! Hahahaha! Your arms are too short! Hahahaha! You're like a T-rex! Hahahaha! (*running in the opposite direction from Canada as I realise I am still within pinching distance*)