Monday, June 16, 2008

Read Me!

I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend a a New York Times article I came across today. (It was published in January- I'm a little bit slow!) It's about the factory farming of animals for food, and the effects it has on us and on the planet. I know it's not really a fun thing to think about, but it's a pretty short article and it's on a subject that's very important to me, personally. (I believe it's important to lots of people, whether they're aware of it or not.) I promise it's very interesting. So if you have five minutes, I would love it if you'd take the time to read the article. All comments welcome (as always). Click here. This cute cow and I thank you. =)

3 comments:

Gordon Simpson said...

Very interesting, good article.

Barbara said...

I had no idea that cows weren't supposed to eat grain! Interesting article...

Sarah said...

Yeah, they advertise "grain-fed beef" in the US like it's a good thing! :o It's actually really bad for them! You'll be glad to know, though, that New Zealish cows only eat grass. =) Way to go, NZ! =)